Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby steps

On all the websites I read and all the advice I get from therapists is to immerse myself in something positive after a breakup of this magnitude, rather than dwell upon recent events.
In light of this advice, I have made a decision.

I am resuming the violin.

I played for 6 years when I was younger, quitting when I didn't feel like dealing with the competitive nature of high school music programs. I played in elementary school and middle school because I enjoyed playing, not because I strove to be a professional musician playing in a symphony. I didn't care that I was a second violin instead of first. I didn't care what seat I was.

So, earlier this evening I purchased violin, case and bow. When it arrives, my co worker and I have plans to practice together at work.

I'm excited. I'm really really excited. There are few legal comparisons to what it feels like when you allow music to wash over you, especially when you are the one creating the music.

As I am going to be helping my co worker learn the violin, she in return is going to help me learn French. For whatever reason, she's been teaching herself, and as we both have desires to lern languages, she'll help me.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment